Windows 7 will soon stop receiving security updates
Microsoft is stopping support for Windows 7 in January 2020. After this time you won't receive the important security updates for Windows which helps keep you safe online. Programs and other features may also stop working after a while.
This is exactly what happend to Windows XP in April 2014, and it happens with most types of software and Operating Systems. This is mainly down to companies like Microsoft focusing on their latest versions, and it becomes difficult and not possible to support older versions anymore.
More information is available directly from Microsoft. View Microsoft's Windows 7 end of support information here.
What do I do next?
If you're using Windows 7, or not sure, then don't worry! Canntech is offering a free upgrade check, which will help to decide the best option for you.
- The latest version of Windows is now Windows 10, this will be the best version to upgrade to next.
- Upgrading your current computer is possible, and in most cases you won't need to buy a Windows 10 license due to Windows 7 users being eligible to upgrade for free.
- When upgrading, you can either start from scratch, like your computer comes when new and have just your user files transferred, or you can keep all programs and files as part of the upgrade.
- As part of the free upgrade check, your computer spec and age will be checked to see whether upgrading is a good route to take, or investing in a new computer will be more worthwhile.
- Canntech provides IT support to homes and businesses, and can provide the upgrade service, as well as sourcing and setting up new computers if required. Canntech comes to you, so no more moving your computer to get it to a computer shop.
Any further questions please get in touch using the details at the bottom of this page. Harry will be happy to help!
Canntech is the highest rated company on Google for computer repair in Witney. You can see what people say about Canntech on Google Reviews.
Get help and book a free upgrade check
Use the button below to send an email to Harry at Canntech. You will get an automated response to acknowledge your email has been received. Emails will be responded to within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.Send an Email
Alternatively, phone Harry on the number below, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Please note, if Harry is currently with a client you will be sent to voicemail. Leave a message and he will respond as soon as possible.